This week I confess that I have nothing pretty to reveal because it was demo week. Demolition of the bathroom started just before the original start date of the @ORC. We figured that since we were doing a bathroom and only had six weeks, we had to build in as much time as we could. The bathroom had to be completed before our kids came home from university. Cue the pandemic.
We were not even finished gutting when my son arrived home from university. But we seized the opportunity and put him to work right away.
Keeping the Vanity
Our plan is to keep the vanity and paint it, but it was removed from the bathroom to free up workspace.
As I have mentioned before, one of the biggest problems with this bathroom is that the shower didn’t drain properly because the slant was slightly off. To correct this the tile and dry wall had to be torn out. The original plastic base had to be torn out also.
Deciding Whether to Pull Up the Floor Tile
We were back and forth about whether or not we were tearing out the floor but made a split decision to go for it. My hubby was grateful to have another pair of hand to tear up the tile floor. With the two of them work at it, things moved along pretty quickly.
Renovations are never easy. One of the tough things is have construction debris and tools around. I was preparing to have my hallway look like this for several weeks.
By the end of that week both of our daughters had arrived home. So I will show you next week how we put them to work ask well as we begin to put the bathroom back together again. I promise that the pretty part will come soon.